I have been wanting a miniature yorkie for a while now and Jason told me I could get one for my birthday. He has even spent a lot of time on the internet searching for one and has found one really close by. Great, right? Well no, because now I am having second thoughts. I don't know if I am just freaking out about the cost ($500.00) or the responsibility of having an indoor dog. I know we would all love it very much and enjoy playing with it, but does that all outweigh the whole taking care of it. I have never had an indoor dog and I think I am just a little scared. Anyway, I have to make a decision by Sunday. So if anyone has any comments I would love to hear them!! Thanks
3 comments:
I can't help you here!! We had to put our dog Mollie down when I was pregnant with Hayden (she had very advanced cancer). With everything else going on in our lives, I've said we aren't getting another dog for a long while. We got frogs instead. ha ha ha
We loved our Mollie very, very much. And I know if we got another dog, we'd love it. But I'm just not ready right now. But you are done with the baby stage and such, so your life is very different than mine ;)
Let us know!!
We have two indoor dogs, a beagle and a toy poodle. In fact, if you look at my labels for "dogs" you will see that my poodle has yorkie coloring (she is a brindle). So most people think she looks like a yorkie. It's funny.
Anyway, I know the $500 is alot of money, but you spread it out over the years of love and companionship the dog would bring.
My hubby believes that children should have a dog. It teaches them responsibility and gives them someone to run around with or cuddle with or play with (or cry with).
My hubby prefers mutts, but we got our beagle from the pound and he's not really a mut. Our toy had to be purebred because she's my dog and I am allergic to dogs but I can cuddle her.
With indoor dogs you just need to train them to stay off the furniture (if you don't want them on it) and things like that. We put up children's gates for potty training (borrow them or go to the thrift store or use big boxes). Keeps them confined and off the rug till they're trained.
At night our beagle has his own bed and our poodle sleeps in a crate.
OH MY GOSH! I saw the twinkle in your eyes the other night at B-A-B when you were telling me about this dog...so YES, you need to get this dog, especially if yall have found one close by. And $500 is way less than what you were telling me they cost! DO IT!!! The girls will love it too!
Post a Comment