17 years ago
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Field of Readers
Last Thursday night Jason and I took the girls to "Field of Readers" at the MHS football stadium. We all had a great time and something very special took place. When Aubrey was in the 1st grade she had a "student teacher" from MHS. Her name was Ms. Brooke and Aubrey just loved her. Well, in the second semester of that year Ms. Brook unexpectedly passed away. It was her senior year and she was planning to go to college to be a teacher. I still remember the day Aubrey came home and told me that Ms. Brooke died. It was probably the saddest moment I had ever experienced for Aubrey. Her sweet, young voice just softly sad "Mom, Ms. Brooke died." and then she went on to explain what the principal and Mrs. King said. Mrs. King wanted to do something for Ms. Brooke's parents so she had all the kids write what Ms. Brooke meant to them and made a book. Each child got a copy of it as well and let me tell you it was the sweetest thing in the world. So at the "Field of Readers" Ms. Brooke was remembered by announcing the start "Brooke's Books". Two high school girls started this program in honor of Ms. Brooke and it is a way to get books donated to the library in memory of her. So at the stadium that night there was a short slide show with pictures of Ms. Brooke and a few of her students from Aubrey's class read what Ms. Brooke meant to them. Aubrey was one of them and did a great job. Still to this day Aubrey will say how she misses Ms. Brooke and how much she meant to her. I know she will never forget her and I know I won't.
Aubrey reading what she wrote about Ms. Brooke.
The Storyteller
The girls running through the Big Panther!!!
Aubrey, Jordyn, Mallory, and Logan
Field of Readers
Jessica and Jordyn
Aubrey and Jason
Mallory
Ms. Brooke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That is so precious. What a wonderful tribute. Thank you for sharing. I know you must have been so proud of her reading.
This is why I just love Aubrey. She's such a little lady, so grown up for 8 years old. I know you were very proud of her. I don't remember any of this happening when they were in 1st grade! Very sad but a great tribute!! I'm glad Aubrey got to be a part of it.
Post a Comment