Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Something I've been wanting to say

I have been wanting to blog about this for a while now and after hearing the message in Sunday School this past Sunday I think I can finally do it. So here it goes....

Just over a year ago Jason and I were faced with a very hard decision that has impacted out lives in so many ways. When I initially made the decision I kinda felt as if I had to do it because there were no other choices, but that has changed greatly. I know the decision that we made was the right one and although there have been times I've questioned it, I would not take it back for a moment. Friends and family who know the particulars of this decision would and still do make comments like "Jason and you are so great to do this." or "I/we don't know if we could do what y'all have done." But I have come to the realization that the decision I made was not a personal one, it was my Heavenly Father guiding me all the way. I know that from the very beginning He knew what was going to take place in this situation and I also know that He knew Jason and I would be the perfect ones for the person in this situation. I believe everything happens for a reason and we must find ways to glorify our Lord through it. So while I wish so greatly that she would not have had to go through what she has, I know that this may be the very way she comes to know Jesus. I believe she was placed with us because Jesus knew she needed us and also that I needed her. Through this season I have had to lean on my Lord so much which is not easy for me to do because I feel I need to be in control of things. I am learning that no matter what I do or think or how long I lie in bed at night thinking of how I can change/fix this situation Jesus is the only one who can fix it. I have no control over it except to turn it over to Him. And eventhough I turn it over to Him I will still have some suffering because we are told that we will suffer in this life, but I also know that is okay because I get the reward of spending eternity with Him. I know that I have been blessed beyond measure and that even in my hard times Jesus is there giving me a peace and assurance that is unmatched. I am completely sure that she will find her complete healing in Him and I believe that this is how He will be glorified.

4 comments:

momstheword said...

Since I don't know the specifics (and it's o.k., I don't need to know) I don't really know what you're talking about specifically, and it's o.k., I don't need to know, like I said.

But I can relate to making God-led decisions that impact your lives in many different ways.

You are right, sometimes we have to suffer as God uses us to minister to others. And uses others to scrap off the rough edges of our hearts.

You just continue to rest in the knowledge that you are following hard after Him, and doing what He wants you to do.

It's also hard to watch others suffer as they either face the consquences of their actions/choices, or of their wandering from or rejecting the Lord.

Still, we know that Jesus is running hard after their souls, and He doesn't give up. But ultimately, they have to make their own choice. Still, we continue to stand in the gap and love them and be a light for the Lord in their lives.

momstheword said...

Those control issues are what makes it hard. You just want to step in and take over (I still do, lol!). But then they won't learn to do it themselves so I stepped back when I could, and stepped in and gave advice when needed.

Tim said...

Keep strong as I know you will. We always face unwarranted critisism especially when we profess our faith.

Ever since I made the post for the Prayer Soldiers I have gotten numerous emails saying things against it.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Hebrews 13:6 NKJV

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Carrie Comstock said...

God is good, all of the time. It is amazing to stand back from a situation, with space and time in between, and be able to see God's mighty hand at work. Because of your obedience, God has been, is being, and will be glorified.