Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We finally did it!!!

Well, we finally got our Christmas decorations out of the attic and put our Halloween/Fall ones up. I know I am a little late, but Jason has been going to the deer lease and I can't get in the attic by myself. So we put the tree up last Thursday night and I decided this year to let the girls decorate it. They started but could not finish because it was their bedtime. They got up Friday morning and did a little more before it was time to leave for school. We went to the movie night at their school Friday night, so they were not able to work on it anymore. Jason and I then left for San Antonio for a quick get away with Jake and Liz (pictures to come)Saturday morning. We had a wonderful time. We stopped at Round Rock on the way down there and did a little shopping at the outlet mall and then stopped again at Chris Madrid's in San Antonio for lunch. Man, Jason took the girls and me there when we went to visit him while he was in school down there and I have been craving it ever since. They have the best hamburgers and this time we tried their nachos. It was all sooooo good. After that we headed to the hotel which was on the Riverwalk. Jake did a great job on picking the hotel because of its location and it was also very nice. After freshing up we headed back out. We went to a couple of different places (including the mall) and then ended up eating at Rita's on the River. We were still not very hunger from lunch so we all just shared fajitas. After that we walked around a little bit longer, but then headed back to the hotel. We were all asleep by midnight. I thought that was pretty good!!! We all woke up around 7 am (that's what kids do to you) and were on the road again by 9:30am. We stopped at San Marcus to eat at Crackle Barrel (delicious) and do a little more shopping. We ended up getting home around 3:30 pm and my precious girls had finished the tree and it looked wonderful. I am so proud of them. I have to admit that it was kinda hard for me to let them do it (control freak), but I am so glad I did. I will post picture soon!! We ended up going to church that night and then coming home to start our week all over. This weekend Jason is headed back to the deer lease and I guess I will try and do some more Christmas shopping. Oh, and I still need to post about Jason and Aubrey's annual hunting trip. Maybe tomorrow, but for now that's it!!



No comments: